Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Nashville Top Ten Countdown

10. I-24 between Chattanooga and Nashville. 
Hands down one of the prettiest rides I've ever done. Lots of peaks and valleys. Old farm houses. Two distilleries. The University of the South. 
I've added a weekend trip just in this in-between stretch to my list.

Standstill traffic near Bonnaroo but the views made it okay!

9. The view from Tootsies rooftop.
Saturday night we started our evening here for a quick drink.  It's right on Broadway.  Looking right were Bridgestone Arena and the Country Music Hall of Fame.  Looking left were the lights of Broadway and the Cumberland river.  Willie Nelson sang here before he got his big break.

Summertime is for rooftops!
8. Bakersfield.
Fantastic tostadas made even better by the laughs we had trying to explain what it was to the guys. Tried Yazoo's Hop Project and loved it.  Also it was just nice to get out of the mid-afternoon heat and suck down some water.

7. Aaron Watson, but really his fiddle player. 
Fantastic old school country artist from Texas.  I had never heard his stuff before and loved it.  But really, the fiddle player is what hooked me.  I believe any good country song should have an even better fiddle solo.

6. Zac Brown Band's cover of Bohemian Rhapsody.
WATCH.
I felt like I could die happy.

5. Dancing at Honky Tonk Central.
One of the best parts about friends moving to new places is meeting the great people who take care of them.  Added bonus is when they're generally amazing people and like to dance to any music as much as I do.  After the headliners were done Saturday, we headed here to bust a move.

Loved connecting with these girls!
4. The Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge.
Two things about this bridge.  One : The view of downtown and the river are fantastic. Nashville is so compact compared to Atlanta and I loved being able to take in the majority of the city at once. Two : There's a few spots where when the headliners at CMA Fest were playing you could stand with a beer and just listen.  AKA what we did Friday and Saturday to see Lady Antebellum, Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town, Zac Brown Band, and more.

Downtown Nashville!
LP Field and the Cumberland River
3. Meeting Andi at Acme Feed & Seed.
Although I'm not a fan of the Bachelorette, meeting her was pretty dang cool.  We were on the rooftop and she just walked up to us and started chatting.  Thank goodness my friend keeps up with her on Twitter! She was down to earth and super chill, just came for the music like the rest of us.

Before Andi moved to NYC, she lived right across the street from me in Atlanta!
2. Singing along to Corey Smith on the river bank.
This may or may not have been the tenth time I've seen him.  21 and If I Could Do It Again bring back so many memories.  Mexico Beach with my Lincoln Ladies, Sky Bar before I was actually 21, and the first time I saw this kickin' performer down at St. George.

So weird seeing him without a ball cap on!
1. Seeing my lady A's.
These two girls mean so much to me, what a treat to spend a weekend in their town.


No comments:

Post a Comment